We’re looking for a WordPress Wizard. A Duchess of Design. A Captain of Creativity. We need a web designer that understands that a website in this day and age is a representation of the business to which it belongs. We need someone who knows that a website is a business tool – it is a 24/7 X 365 day-a-year salesperson. We don’t build websites just to build websites. We build them to drive our clients’ businesses forward. To generate leads. To help them reach their goals.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to create websites and landing pages on behalf of our clients. You’ll learn the way we work on behalf of our clients and help us refine, improve, and pioneer new ways to do so.
- Must have superior communication skills. You will be one of the front line contact people meeting with our clients. You must be able to explain not only the hows, but the whys. Clients can have a lot of questions and sometimes ask for things that are not in their best interest. You need to be patient and able to explain to them the logic behind why we are recommending doing things the way we are.
- We build most of our sites in WordPress. 2+ years of WordPress experience would be ideal.
- Web design has a lot of moving parts. UX and design that meets our clients’ goals are more important than “just designing a pretty face.”
- As the website designer, you will be instrumental in helping design a process that works for both our team as well as the client.
- You must be attentive to detail and be able to manage your own workload in order to meet deadlines and budget.
- Out of the box creative thinking is both encouraged and expected.
- You should have a passion around web design. You’re in this because you like doing it. Based on this, you’ll keep up on the latest trends and techniques.
Our company is small and growing quickly! This is due, in large part, to the fact that we focus on the goals of our clients, rather than our own needs. Their success is our success. We take the time to understand our clients’ goals and customize a solution rather than churning out cookie cutter work. We have clients all over the country and are adding more all the time. With you on the team, we’ll be able to help even more clients grow their businesses!
The Magic Blue Box is a great place to work (even if we are saying so ourselves.) We’re passionate about our work, but also about making sure our team members have a fulfilling and rewarding experience. We know everyone has a life and we want our team members to enjoy theirs! So, we offer great benefits and flexibility with scheduling/work location. Our Founder is adamant that team members enjoy what they do and are challenged (but not overwhelmed). It’s a creative, collaborative environment and we look forward to finding our next Magic Blue Boxer!
If you fit the bill, please send your resume and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com today!